Oracle By Example (OBE) provides online step-by-step instructions on how to implement various
technology solutions to business problems. OBE solutions are built for practical, real-world situations, allowing you
to gain valuable hands-on experience as well as use the presented solutions as the foundation for production
implementation, dramatically reducing time to deployment.
OBEs for Oracle Application Server 10g Release 2 (10.1.2) include:
- Managing Your Application Server 10g Instance
Experience the Application Server Control Web-based management and administration software.
- Building Your First JSP Page
See the Oracle JDeveloper 10g visual JSP and HTML editing environment for Web application design.
- Deploying a J2EE Application from Oracle JDeveloper 10g
Use Oracle JDeveloper to archive and deploy J2EE applications to Oracle Application Server 10g.
- Building the Portal Site
Create an OracleAS Portal instance and build a portal with both navigation and a variety of content.
- Creating Your First BPEL Project Using the Oracle BPEL Process Manager
Learn how to use the Oracle BPEL Process Manager to orchestrate business services into a coherent business process flow.
- Creating J2EE Clusters Using File Based Repository
Learn how to create and manage OracleAS Clusters, deploy applications to a cluster, and see the benefits of clustering.
- Deploying a Web Service on Oracle Application Server 10g
Find, learn about, and deploy Web Services to Oracle Application Server using Application Server Control.
- Wireless Enabling Your Java Application
Learn how to equip your regular J2EE applications with wireless capabilities.
- Exploring the New Features of OracleBI Discoverer
See the new OracleBI Discoverer user interface, and read about OLAP support and other new features and improvements.
You can learn about all of these topics and more on Oracle Technology Network.